Saturday, September 5, 2009

Seward Park Summer Criterium

Last Sunday we had the Seward Park crit. I raced with three teammates; Leina, Annette and Michele. It had been two weeks since I rode a geared bike but I made sure to remember shift each lap around. When I came around the top corner I found that my track spin really helped out because instead of pushing a big gear I just spun the legs faster to make up the gap after the corner.

This was the first time Leina had done this race and at one point I saw who I thought was her coming around the top corner in a big gear so I yelled "use a smaller gear" to help her. But it wasn't Leina - it was Annette who answered back "yeah, I know". We were just talking about how those two are easy to confuse. I think it will be handy to have a decoy out there for Annette next year.

I was able to keep up with the group until the last lap I was really tired by then. I came off the group but felt good about the race in general. Annette won and I think Leina was in the top 10.

No comments: