Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I rode on the Jerry Baker ride again. Someone said he has been having that ride for 39 years. I'm not sure if that is right, but maybe. I've been doing it on-and-off for about 20 years. If it isn't freezing I try to make it. Jerry is famous for how many times he has done the Seattle-to-Portland bicycle ride. He has done it every time in it's history!

I saw some riders I hadn't seen in about 15 years. I also saw many of the track riders. It was rainy and windy but there was a good turnout. When I got there I only saw two riders but then I discovered everyone in their cars waiting until the last minute to get out in the wind and rain.

It is always somwhat chaotic with so many riders and most don't actually know the way. But a fun social ride.

Today was supposed to be a day off for me so I made a point of riding over to the ride start very slowly. I figure if you can breathe through your nose without opening your mouth you are in "zone 2" and should be able to ride all day at that pace. So I rode in "zone 2" for the way down.




No comments: