Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fender time already!

I showed up for the Saturday ride and it was raining. There is a big cross race today so I only had one teammate to ride with. While we were in the coffee shop before the ride we convinced the Cucina Fresca team to ride with us. So there were 6 of us instead of 2. It was nice to have company in the rain. The bad thing was that I didn't have a fender on my bike yet. I thought I could get through October without putting it on but I was the only one on the ride without one. I felt bad because the person behind you really gets sprayed by the puddles if you don't have a fender with a buddy flap. It rained the whole time but not too hard. I noticed that a lot of the cars had their headlights on though. One of the Cucina Fresca riders said that he could tell I was a track rider because of my smooth pedal stroke. That made my day!

On Wednesday I rode the rollers again. I am getting a little more brave but they are scary since nothing is holding you down. I went 20 minutes with some modest spin-ups. I lifted weights too and was quite sore the next day.

No comments: