Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cedar River Loop




We had more beautiful fall colors on today's ride. I feel like I'm cheating somebody when I get in 60 miles without paying for any gas! I rode with a couple of friends who hadn't been on the Cedar River loop and it was fun to see the route through new eyes. You feel like you are out in the country on those roads. We saw horses, goats, and even some really cute ponies. It was a long ride though and my body wasn't quite used to the distance.

We took the back road through the arboretum on the way home. The road was closed to cars and the road surface has been recently redone. It was really nice. People were walking their dogs, families were out together, and there were leaves falling around us as we rode. Very relaxing.

I snapped a picture of the fall colors from the Ravenna bridge on my way back.




No comments: