Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cold but Sunny

Last night we had our first frost warning of the year. Leina and I rode early this morning - 8:30 so we could go with the men's team. We only had two women so we thought it would be more fun to ride with the guys. We headed north but mostly took side streets instead of the trail so we didn't have to dodge the runners. It was cold out and I wore several layers - four in fact - to keep warm. We stopped at the bathrooms after about an hour and when I came out the guys all had steam coming off of them. It looked really cool with the sun peaking up just over the trees and fog hanging around the edges. The sun eventually came out and warmed things up. It was nice to have a big group although I never knew exactly when we were going to have a "sprint". The guys like to sprint for the "city limits" signs but I haven't figured out where they are yet.

No comments: