Saturday, October 17, 2009

Epic Rain!


Today's ride was one of the most rainy rides I have done. It was really coming down. There was lots of debris in the road and some roads you couldn't see under all the water, which made it tough to avoid pot holes. I rode under I-5 and there was a waterfall coming down from where a downspout used to be.

I saw a huge raccoon running for cover and later heard the parrots down by Seward Park.

I started off the ride solo, knowing that I would run into other riders. Days like that are fun because everybody is more friendly. Even runners were giving me "the nod". I chatted with some old friends at the Leschi starbucks but I kept going because nobody was leaving yet. As I started across the bridge in torrential rain I found a blinky tail light. I put in on my bike. If it was yours let me know but it has a good home now.

I was circling Mercer Island and saw our men's team heading the opposite way! We all stopped and I finished the ride with them. Despite the heavy rain it was warm and comfortable. The fall leaves were spectacular and made it seem bright out.

The rain had formed a small river in front of my house when I got home.

I went to Hot Yoga later on in the day. I've been doing hot yoga for a month now and it's really helped me loosen up. I'm ready for another ride tomorrow now.

No comments: