Sunday, October 25, 2009

Route to Edmonds

Today I rode up to Edmonds with one of my teammates. It was only 30 miles but my legs really felt the climbing! I looked up some routes on Bikely and then tried to piece a couple together. We got lost a couple of times but it was fun. I might try a different return route, next time though.

It was fun to try a new ride without the pressure of "leading" it. My teammate was fine with the prospect of getting lost. I had my GPS with me but when I pulled it out to find out where we went wrong I found out I had the wrong maps loaded! It did work as a compass and my teammate was right, we almost went in a complete circle at one point. Got turned around in time and headed back home though.

Good thing it wasn't raining. It was actually a nice day, but a little cold. Good day for a climbing route.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Seattle-Edmonds-Figure-8




No comments: