Saturday, December 5, 2009

Training Plan

This week we got our team training plan from Cycle U. I did my first workout of the plan on Tuesday - Power Builders. Low cadence work with a big gear. We will be doing a steady diet of power building for a while. I'm excited to try it out.

Today we were supposed to do a group ride but it was way too icy outside. I saw some members of another team at the local pastry shop and they said they were waiting for it to warm up so they could ride. I told them the story of the guy on my team who broke both arms last year when he crashed on the ice, "his wife was really mad too", I added. Two of the guys said they were throwing in the towel and going to go home. I think the third was mad at me for breaking up the team ride. It was amusing to me. I'm sure they were better off not riding. I did a 2-1/2 hour trainer ride and watched a really funny French James Bond Spoof. It was hilarious.

No comments: