Sunday, February 21, 2010

Myrtle Edwards


Yay! We had a rest week and it was beautiful weather again. We took an easy ride downtown and then along the shoreline through Myrtle Edwards park. Then we looped around Magnolia and through Discovery Park and back through the locks to Golden Gardens. Seattle's parks are so pretty when it's sunny! It was relaxing to see the sun and the mountains and to not be riding too hard. I haven't been that way through Discovery park so it was fun to do a new route again.

Emily had to turn back though - she had three flats before we realized she had a hold in the sidewall of her tire. I had an old piece of tire with me that we used as a boot patch to get her home. Another rider once fixed my tire that way when I had the same problem. It held good enough to get her home.

Today I took off from riding and caught up on other stuff.






No comments: