Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race!





My team put on the Mutual of Enumclaw stage race last weekend. I raced at the track Friday night and then got up at 5am and spent the entire weekend at the race. It was exhausting. I helped organize all of the volunteers and helped cover any jobs that needed doing at the last minute.



I also got to hand out some of the yellow leader's jerseys and shake the hands of the winners. It was fun and very gratifying to see so many racers have a good time. There was one racer who chewed me out because he couldn't read the map in the technical guide, but aside from him everybody was really great.



We had a lot of racers come in from out of town, as far as Quebec, Canada, and California. I enjoyed getting to watch the high level of competition, right in our own back yard.



















No comments: