Sunday, April 6, 2008

Redlands Bike Classic

I was surfing the web yesterday and I found the Redlands bike classic which some of the local girls are racing at. (Not me - I'm sticking to the local racing.) And I am just in time for the live video feed of the men's pro criterium. The video quality was not great but it was amazing to see the race from the comfort of my computer. There was a break of four riders going into the final five laps that was holding off the hard charging pack driven by the Toyota team. With two laps to go the four riders had it made - we just had to see who got what place. Final lap, two riders come across the line and then...nothing. The camera died. We don't know what happened to the other two. Was there a crash? No idea, nothing.

Anyway kudos to anyone who braved that race. The riders who train in sunshine during the winter have great fitness this time of year and make for stiff competition.

No comments: