Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fast Track/More Madison

I went out with Karen for fast track training on Tuesday. It was pretty crazy with everybody working on different stuff. Warm up was pretty organized but then it broke into smaller groups. Karen and I rode with Annette who was late and missed the main group warm up. Annette was shocked at how bad I was at riding on the wheel and worked on getting me to do better. I haven't done much riding on the track other than racing so I haven't worked on skills and it is obvious when I try to ride in a paceline.

We did a few fast laps with Annette after warm up. I felt pretty terrified; weaving through all of the other riders at high speed! It was no problem at all for Annette though.

After 8pm Karen and I started working on our Madison exchanges. We got Jen to help us out. It was good to have some practice doing the exchanges with another person.

There was a photographer there with a huge lens. I hope I can find the pictures somewhere. It's a bit funny to have someone taking pictures of your workout. I think the Madison is probably a fun subject for a photographer though.

No comments: