Thursday, July 31, 2008

Helping Out

I decided to take a break from racing on Wednesday but I went to Marymoor to watch and I volunteered to do registration too. It was fun to help out and a good way to meet everyone who is racing. You also get the inside gossip.

Mark usually does registration but since I was doing it he was able to get in a better warm-up. He raced in the master's field.

The races are fun to watch but I don't like seeing the crashes. Unfortunately last night wasn't so good. The 4's field was split and both fields had crashes. After the second crash I heard the promoter yelling loudly at the guys to be more careful. He was really upset. Then the officials called the group that had just crashed into the infield and read them the riot act. I think it shook them up and when I saw them racing next they were in nice straight lines riding very smoothly. Hopefully it will be safer for everybody now. I think what really upset everybody is that one of the Juniors was taken down. The rider was fine but nobody wants to see one of the future stars get hurt.

No comments: