Friday, December 26, 2008

More time in the garage

I've been spending a lot of time in our garage lately. Today it was 45 minutes of trainer and 1/2 hour of weights. I have some free weights that I use with a Swiss ball and bosu ball. I also have some cords and a medicine ball. I try to do as many exercises that involve lifting while challenging my balance. So I stand on one leg on the bosu while I do bent over rows. Or I balance on my knees on the Swiss ball while I do curls. I also do exercises that combine different motions and use the whole body. It's a good workout but I will be happy when I can ride outside again. When I was a swimmer we called this "dry-land training".

This is a picture from Monday. Today the snow is melting and the streets are finally starting to clear.

No comments: