Saturday, December 6, 2008

Woodinville + Tuscany

I started out today's ride with a 20 minute time trial. I met up with Sara to ride north to meet the others but Sara was having some mechanical difficulties. We tried to fix her bike but we weren't successful. It was still good enough to get her home but not for a group ride. After giving up on the bike I went on alone to meet the others. I was late so I really pushed the pace. I passed some of the Wines team going the other way. They must have thought I was crazy to be riding out of the saddle in December. I made it from Greenlake to Logboom in 20 minutes! It's not a smart way to start out a 4-hour ride though. I was careful to eat and to take it easy for awhile so I didn't run out of energy before the ride ended.

We had a really nice ride through Woodinville and up through the Tuscany neighborhood. Tuscany is a neighborhood of what they call McMansions. I'm not a fan of big houses but the streets through that area are really nice to ride on.

We dropped down to some of the horse pasture areas and Teresa got a flat. One of the horses came up to the fence of his corral and let us pet him while we got the tire fixed. I don't mind flats so much when it's nice out because we get to chat more and take a break.

The others went for an extra loop but I headed back home. I am going to ride again tomorrow so I don't need to train more than 4 hours. I still felt pretty good at the end of the ride.

I captured part of the route on my GPS. I forgot to turn it on at the beginning of the ride.



No comments: