Saturday, January 3, 2009

Potholes!

Today was my first ride other than commuting. It was supposed to freeze last night but I was happy to see it didn't so there wasn't any new ice - just stuff that still hasn't melted. There were a few new potholes on my commute but there are some really bad ones on Lake Washington Blvd. Something to keep an eye out for whereever you are riding.

Today was really cold but nice riding. It was just me and one teammate. Without a big group you really do a lot more work riding the same distance. It was good for avoiding the potholes though! We did a fairly short ride because I had a flat and my back tire wasn't looking too good. I'm glad we kept it short because I had to take a nap afterwards. Maybe it was the cold weather that made me extra tired. It felt good to sleep. I'm ready to ride again tomorrow but the computer models show us really getting drenched in the afternoon. I hope they are wrong.

No comments: