Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kevin Black Memorial Ride

My teammates and I went together to the memorial for Kevin Black. I was amazed at the number and diversity of cyclists and surprised to see so many kids. The event was really well organized with a lead car, follow car, and corner marshals to keep the road open for us. It was a nice day too but a little cold when it clouded over. I think it meant a lot to his family to see us all there supporting them.

Afterwards we road up the newly reconstructed golden gardens hill. I felt pretty stiff. I haven't been riding because a cough is keeping me from getting enough rest.

Here is the link with some video of the big group:

http://www.myballard.com/2009/02/08/bicyclists-ride-in-blacks-memory/

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I was glad to see you out there, Linda. I, too, enjoyed seeing all the little ones. It made me happy to see the girls laughing and just being kids.

We also rode up Golden Gardens hill on our way home. I was stiff and cold and Jason almost dropped me riding with sneakers on his speedplay pedals :-).