Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sprints and Valleys


Annette and Leina - the new kits look great!

It was so sunny on today's ride! We were getting hot and taking off layers. It was cold at the start though - 32 degrees at my house when I got up. We met at the Starbucks in Kenmore and then headed out through Woodinville to the Snoqualmie Valley. We found a flat road and did some sprinting drills. It was good practice and I think we got the newer riders a good idea of what a sprint feels like at speed.

The hard part was getting back home. I joked with Annette that we should take the flat route home. Of course I knew that to get out of the valley would not be flat. I was doing OK but then we took a short cut and hit some more hills and I realized that I didn't eat enough after the sprints. I burned calories at a much higher rate and wasn't keeping up I also didn't have time for breakfast which didn't help. I "rode" to the ride so I had an extra 10 miles on everyone too. The last hill up Woodinville-Duval road seemed to take forever. When my teammate Heidi offered me a ride home in the car I gladly accepted. I still got in 60 miles!






No comments: