Sunday, November 8, 2009

Edmonds Again

We managed a dry ride again today, despite the forecast for 80% chance of rain. Yesterday they predicted strong thunderstorms and they were completely wrong! I rode inside for nothing! And I got a flat on the trainer.

I rode with the guys up to Edmonds today. We took a different route back this time from last week. We traded off being ride leader because we each knew a different segment of the ride. It was a team effort. I had some shifting problems at the beginning but the guys fixed it and adjusted the derailleurs for me.

I really like the Edmonds ride. It has some good hills and nice scenery. The hill called Innis Arden is a leg buster though. If you go that route save some energy. It's as steep as the back side of cougar mountain but not as long. I'm looking forward to discovering more new routes out that way.

Last week I went to the Washington State Bicycle Association meeting for all of the racing team presidents. We heard the CEO of USA cycling talk, Steve Johnson. He told us about their vision for bike racing and how the local scene and the bigger picture were connected. It was interesting to hear about our sport from the national organizer's perspective.

No comments: