Saturday, November 28, 2009

North End

Our women's team did the north end of the lake today. South to I-90, then across to Bellevue, north to Kirkland and up Juanita Drive. It was windy. We felt really fast through Kirkland when we had a tailwind to our backs. We decided to take it easy and head back on the Burke Gilman trail. Two of my teammates are racing cross tomorrow and didn't want to go too hard. I warned them that we would have to stop and pet the yellow cat half way down the trail. We went by slowly and didn't see him but then I looked behind me and saw that a pedestrian had lured him out with food. We circled back and both cats, Scampy, and his black and white friend, Orca were chomping down the food like they were starving. They are pudgy enough though that we know they are well cared for. We gave them some love and then headed home.

No comments: