Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Training fun

Last Wednesday one of my new teammates came over and we did computrainer together in the garage. It was great to have a training buddy! Mark made up a workout for us and we did progressively harder 5 minute intervals. The last one was a real grind (220, 240, 250 watts)! We are going to do it again this week too.

Saturday was really cold. I checked the weather at 8:30 and Woodinville and Renton were still both below freezing. We played it safe and did a loop on Mercer Island again to be a little warmer. We got in some good pacelining practice. On the way home we went through the arboretum. I like to have the team sprint for the bridge at the end because it's good practice. I played "motor" and led them up to the sprint point. It was like doing a keirin on the track! Everyone had fun.

On Sunday I watched the cross races at Woodland Park. I had teammates in every race! I watched for about 5 hours! It was fun but cold! I had to run up and down the hills to keep warm. It was at Woodland Park which is a great venue for cross races. I hope they have more races there next year.


I watched with my friend Kari from the track and her dog Josie. Josie did a little dance every time she saw one of the racers from the velodrome. It was very cute!


My teammate Bendan was able to ride over these barriers on the uphill!



The crowds were big!

No comments: