Sunday, May 16, 2010

Flat on the track


I got to the track before anyone else was there and I watched this bird. It was being divebombed by crows. It was very beautiful. The track is a much different place before the racers get there.
I had a close call today. I had a flat on my wheel while I was on the banking and slid down the side of the track to the grass. I managed to keep the bike upright but I think I might be switching to tublar wheels which are supposed to be safer when the tire goes flat.

We did some standing starts today which are supposed to be really good for developing acceleration. Then some sprints with a partner and finally some Madison drills. It was hard but fun.

It started to rain just as I was finishing so I decided to skip my last set. I was still feeling a bit frazzled after my close call on the banking and didn't want to deal with on and off rain as well.

No comments: