Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday Track

It was a fun night at the track - a little warmer this time.

My first race was the Chariot - a 1 lap drag race. You start lined up across the track with holders and go for the finish line. We had heats and then a final. On my first heat I drew lane one so I led the group. I went at 80% until turn 3 and then went full gas to the finish. Jessica came by me but I held off the next rider to get 2nd and advance to the final. The final heat was a few races later. I lined up with the winners from the heats and I decided that they all had bigger gearing than me so I would take off and hammer from the start. It worked well and I gaped them off. Amara was the only one who could close the gap and she came around me at the
finish but I got 2nd!

The next race was elimination, where they pull 1 rider each lap. That was especially hard because I only had two races to rest in between my "drag race" and the elimination. I lasted a few laps and then got eliminated.

My last race was a 20 lap race with points every 4 laps. I was riding in the back and saw Carol attacking up the side. I went with her and came around to take the first set of points. I was dead then and was worried about finishing the race! I hung in there and rested through the next points. I picked up a few more points on the next sprint and on the final sprint I got 4th. I think I ended up 3rd for the night.

No comments: