Saturday, May 8, 2010

First night of Track!

Last night was the first night of pre-season at the track. It was weird to be out racing again. It was a sunny day but somehow at 5:50 pm it started raining. No rain was predicted so it caught everybody by surprise. It was very light though, and 20 minutes later we were waming up.

I looked around at the warmup and realized I was the only woman out so far. This meant that the women's field would be canceled. A couple more women showed up later but still not enough. So I raced with the Cat 3 men ( the B-race). I did not expect that at all for the first night of racing.

The first race was a tempo and it was pretty fast. I did not choose good lines and gapped off about 1/2 way. I finished the race just as the first guy lapped me. The second race was a scratch race and I rode smarter and made it to the finish, getting gapped on the final sprint. The last race was a 5x5 points race. I was ready this time and concentrated on keeping up on the sprints and riding smart. I made it to the finish and even beat a few guys. It was fun! I felt really good about being able to keep up. I raced a 49x15 gear.

Last weekend I rode out to the track and watched 5 of my teammate taking the track class. I was so happy to see them out there. Then on Sunday we had another team practice but were cut short by rain. Got in a few sprints before the drops started falling.

No comments: