Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday Night

Racing was fun but I am terrible at the Keirin.

First round of the Keirin went fine and I got into the final - which had 8 riders. I drew 1st position which meant I was supposed to go to the motorcycle first, but somebody else had a better start and grabbed the motor before I got there. Then we are riding behind the motor and a rider rides up to take my spot and I bump her but I guess that didn't intimidate her and she cut in - I thought it too close to be diving in at that point, but I think when I hit her I lost speed and gaped off? I really don't like bumping other riders on purpose but that is normal in a Keirin.

Then 3 other riders do the same also cut in front of me. By then I'm not doing a very good job of keeping close on the wheel. I got 6th on the final lap.

Then a 10 lap scratch race - I think I got 6th again. I acclerated around the rider in front of me but she was also coming around somone so we were three wide on the corner which meant I was taking a longer line. I came past a few riders on the final straight but not quite enough to get in the points.

We finished with a 6x4 - 6 sprints every 4 laps. I got swamped on the first sprint behind too slow a wheel. There were two Broadmark girls and one went off the front so I waited for the counter attack from her teammate and we got a small gap but and I got second in the next sprint. I couldn't quite come around her. 4 more sprints to go though. I started to die with about 8 laps to go and just hung on the back. I finished in the back - very tired.

No comments: