Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Marymoor Velodrome Friday Night

I won the final sprint of the night in the points race! I think I got third for that race but it sure was fun to come across the finish line first! I think my Sunday sprint training helped.

I was 5th in both of my first two races. The first race was a tempo race. I took some points at the beginning but then had a close call with another rider and ended up in the back. The pace picked up and four of us separated from the rest on the last lap. I was with the fastest sprinters so I decided to lead out the last lap and let them contest it.

The next race was the miss-and-out. I rode tempo in front and it worked fairly well but I got soft towards the end when I should have punched it again.

On the last race I was riding up front and trying to mark the three group health women in the race so that if any of them got off of the front I was right there. It was tiring though. On the last lap and a half Carol went early and got a big gap. I followed the new rider, RJ, and she went with 1 lap to go. I thought Carol had it for sure but we caught her and went around on the back stretch. I let a small gap form between myself and RJ as we approached corner 3. Then I accelerated in the gap and punched it. The other riders were coming around me at the same time and we drag raced to the finish and I held on for the final points.

No comments: