Saturday, February 9, 2008

Team ride with the Garage

There were just four of us on the ride today and we were taking turns slogging through the wind two at a time when the Garage mens team came by. We couldn't resist jumping on their wheels. They were really nice about it and we all rode to Coulon together. It's much funner in a big group and they are nice and smooth. After Coulon we took off up MacDonnalds hill and then the Garage team caught us just before the top. I turned around at that point because I wanted to make my caucus. Two of the Garage guys (Neal and Wick) rode back with me. It was great because otherwise I would have been all by myself. They even waited for me when I got dropped on the bridge. We had a strong tailwind through the arboretum and I actually ran out of gears! That was the first time this year I've needed to go to my biggest gear.

No comments: