Monday, February 11, 2008

Which is better wind or rain?

We were debating during our ride if it was better to have rain or the really windy day we had on Sunday. We agreed that wind was better but not much better! I screamed when one gust surprised me on the little bridge heading towards logboom from Woodinville. There were some times where it felt like we were barely making forward progress.

It was a long fun ride though - here is some of it - http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Welsh-Road-and-trail-detour .

We were heading down Elliot and the road was completely out - a 20' deep ditch that had a 1-foot wide muddy ledge on the side. I was all for turning around but Sharon bravely tested it out for us and jumped on the side a few times to make sure it was stable ground. We hoisted our bikes on our shoulders for about 100 feet of mushy stuff. I knew I would have trouble with the speedplay cleats after that. We got across and everyone was cleaning off the cleats and I yelled "car back" - just for fun. I got everybody to look - hee hee.

After log boom Jen and I took a nice detour to avoid the trail. I especially liked the part along Ravenna Avenue. I'll have to do that one again.

No comments: