Saturday, February 16, 2008

Where are my teammates?

The weather was awsome today - sunny and in the high 40's - low 50's. There were only two women on the ride due to vacations, snow, relatives, world cup racing, and injuries. Anyway we scheduled our ride to coincide with the men's ride so we'd have some company. We are getting a bit smarter. The ride was really nice - the guys were going all the way out to High Rock so we just followed them until the top of Hollywood hill and then looped back - taking Perkins hill instead of the trail back. I didn't realize Perkins hill had a river along it. It was so nice it reminded me of riding in Switzerland because you could hear the water around the corner and the road twisted up. When I rode in Switzerland there were an uncountable number of water falls and twisty forested roads. The air smelt really fresh today too.

On the way out we took 40th/35th and just got on the trail for the last block. The last block was full of dog walkers, pedestrians, joggers, and recreational cyclists. I think it's that season again. I'm glad there is an alternate.

When I got home I stopped to check the crocuses - and they were blooming!

No comments: