Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tiger Mountain Ride

I finally went up Tiger Mountain today! I had never done the road route before - only the mountain bike route. It was a great day for it. Just a little misty but very warm.

We started our ride with one of the local men's teams since they were headed in the same direction. I was chatting with one of the guys I had met once before and he reminded me of a ride we did about 8 years ago when I gave him a homemade energy bar. I had totally forgotten about it. We haven't made our own energy bars in a long time. When I got home I told Mark and we went to the store to get the ingredients to make them again.

I had heard that Tiger was really steep and hard so I was a bit worried but I really wanted to learn the route. We went to the end of Tiger Mt road and headed back towards the West. The road is great, it goes up and is really long but I didn't think it was too steep at all. It was a good hill for getting into a rhythm and enjoying the climb. It might be that it is steeper if you come up the other side. The road doesn't have much traffic and there are lots of trees. It was a real treat.

Then we stopped in Issaquah at a bread store and got pastries. It was good we did because the ride was about 1-1/2 hours longer than I had planed for. It was actually starting to get dark on our ride home. It was mostly due to heavy clouds but the cars had their lights on already!



No comments: