Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Friday Night Racing - first miss and out

It was a fast women's field last Friday. Beth, Jen, Carol, and Karen were there to add speed to our field. I got psyched out on the point-a-lap race. After just losing a sprint to Beth I missed an important break and was not able to catch back up to the leaders. I need to watch for the break after the sprint!



The next race was the miss-and-out. I went straight to the front and rode tempo. That worked for a couple of laps and then Christine and Jen came around me. I squeezed through and rode next to them and then came around again on the next lap into the lead. That kept me safe for another lap. After that they came by but this time I got trapped in the back and had to back out and around to the side quickly. I was close but couldn't quite make it by the last person. I was happy to have lasted half way and to have followed my strategy of riding in the front.




The last race was a points race. Everybody was tired. I got a few points by being near the front and I closed a gap to a small break. But then after the third set of points Beth and Christine went off the front. At first I thought it was someone else and didn't chase. Too late I realized the mistake. They stayed off and I didn't get points on the last lap. It was a fun night though. I think I got 6th but it was out of a faster group than the previous weeks. It was a nice night for racing too with warmer than normal temperatures.

No comments: