Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Friday Marymoor

Last Friday was really windy. Mark decided to let me use his Cane Creek wheels but when I put them both on I couldn't control the front one in the wind so I used just the back one. The wheels are deep dished to be more aerodynamic but are also harder to control in a side wind. The back one made me feel faster and I was eager to take it up to speed.

On the Tempo race I was anticipating a split after the 2nd sprint and went really hard but then the split happened after the third sprint just when my legs were dead. So I missed the split again.

The next race was the miss-and-out. I tried my "stay at the front strategy" but got swamped on the third lap and didn't get out of trouble fast enough. As we came around the last corner I was behind Amara who is the strongest sprinter right now. I didn't make it past her.

On the last race I really wanted to be in any break that happened to make up for the tempo race. I anticipated the first strong attack and got away with Jaydeen on a prime sprint. But then she pulled up track and I should have just kept going because she would have followed, but we were caught by the group.

Nothing much happened and we were on the second to last lap when I heard Jennie (Tela's coach) yell "rest!". This was the first that Tela has raced with us and I knew that she was super strong so I attacked hard, not wanting her to get any rest. I got a good gap and held it for about a lap but on the last 200 meters Tela caught me with the group in tow. I ended up getting last last but it was fun! I found out later that Jennie also coaches one of the other women in the group and was telling her to rest, not Tela.

I really want to work on my power and one of these days my attack is going to stick.

No comments: