Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Madison Training

I did 500 meter intervals at the track Sunday morning.

My original plan was to race Ballard on Sunday but when Kenny was adjusting my bike he found that the steer tube was cracked on the inside. So my road bike is in the shop to get a new fork.

So Sunday morning I did sprints where you drop down from the rail and do 500 meters hard. You rest until for 3/4 of a lap and then do it again. It felt great to sprint in my new position but I was careful not to overdo it.

It's funny when you train at the track people always stop by and spectate. Sometimes they take pictures too. At one point I saw someone had a stopwatch out. It made me laugh. I wanted to know my time but didn't want to ask.

I did a couple of more laps hard and then warmed down while the Broakmark team was just starting their workout.

No comments: