Sunday, July 12, 2009

Friday Night Racing

Last Friday was very fast. I don't know what the speeds were but it seems like we are getting faster every week. We started with a win-and-out which was very hard. I finished off the back of the group.

Then we did a Chariot race. This is the first time I've done a Chariot race. It is one lap from a held start. There is a picture of my first heat on wheels in focus. It looks like I'm going to take 3rd but I surprised the other two racers and came by them before the finish, which got me into the final.
http://www.wheelsinfocus.com/2009/MVA/710/W/pages/94AD9352mva7.htm

I need to work on my standing starts though because I couldn't make up the distance I lost on my bad start. I chose the first lane which I thought would be good but I didn't have a fast enough start to pull into the lead. The Chariot was fun for me though and I hope we get to do it again some time. It is so short that you can just go all out the whole way.

The last race was a 20-lap scratch race with primes every other lap. It was very hard. I felt like throwing up with 4 laps to go but I hung on to the back of the group. I like points races much better. I hope all of this hard riding makes the FSA race easier.

I watched Mark do the Madison afterwards. It is a very fun race to watch. I hope I can get more women interested in Madison so we can have women's Madisons on Fridays some day.

I raced the Redmond derby yesterday but my legs were not recovered. I didn't last too long and got pulled from the race. I felt bad but there is always another race next week. Today I'm finally taking a rest day.

No comments: