Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Madison Races

Mark and I went to Madison races last night at Marymoor. Mark unfortunately had a "mishap" in the first race. He was diving down the track and his wheel slipped out. There might have been some debris on the track or he just took too steep of an approach and then turned the wheel the wrong way. In any case he and his partner are both fine but he missed the rest of the races for the night. So he took video of me and Michelle. The video really helped me see what we can do better. We can drop down much later and save some energy for us both. Also, I figured out that when we exchange high on the track I can't rely on dropping down to get the proper speed. Hopefully I can make use of this knowledge next time.

The racing was fun. It was interesting to talk to the officials afterwards and hear their viewpoints. They were glad to have practice officiating the Madison. I guess it's a challenge for them too.

No comments: