Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cold Friday at Marymoor

Last night was cold at the track. It was nice at the start but the evening went a little long and it was chilly by the end.

The women had a 8-lap scratch race, a keirin, and a points race. The 8-lap was a fast warmup and I was in too big of a gear so it was tough to deal with the repeat accelerations. I had a bigger gear than usual for the next race the keirin. Annette gave me some good advice for strategy and it would have worked but I just needed to be a little stronger! The big gear was a good choice though. I geared down for the last race the points but my legs were tired and I came off the group a couple of times. Annette gave me some good workout ideas to build my leg strength though for next time.

It was so cold by the last race that I put on my wool sweater underneath my skin suit. I wasn't shivering at the start but three laps into the race I was way too hot. Next time I'll have to wear a coat and take it off right before the start.

No comments: