Monday, August 24, 2009

Friday Night!

There was a good crowd last friday. I raced Mark's Cane Creek wheels and they made me feel much faster. We did a point-a-lap, a miss-and-out, and a points race. The point-a-lap and miss-and-out were average for me. The points race I tried to be on a good wheel during the race. I was partially successful. I'd be on the right wheel for a while but then would find myself on the wrong wheel and I'd have to sprint around when there was an acceleration. It is so much easier to be on the good wheel. For the last sprint I found myself on the train of about 5 good wheels. I managed to move up just a bit to get 4th on the final sprint! Nothing spectacular but I felt a little bit of improvement! One of my friends showed up just as they announced my name - perfect timing!

Mark raced his own hand built wheels but goofed up his gears and realized he did the first two races in an 86 inch gear. This is what they put beginners in! His legs were really going fast. He figured it out before the Madison. He had fun racing with a brand new partner. Then we all went out to unwind at Celtic Bayou.

No comments: