Saturday, April 3, 2010

Crit Practice


I did crit practice with some teammates today. We went up to Volunteer park and practiced crit starts and accelerating up the hill. The race at Volunteer park is next week and hopefully they feel ready for it now.

We also rode down to Seward to do some more practice down there. There were some pet detectives practicing finding pets in the woods. It was really interesting. They train the dogs to find lost pets and they are a non-profit volunteer organization. They find cats as well as dogs. They have a pet detective dog that smells something from the lost animal and then follows their scent. They were practicing finding a cat on a leash. It was really cool. http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/ .

Last week I raced at Ravensdale. It was an aggressive race with lots of attacking. I lasted almost half way before my lungs seemed to give out. It was fun while I was in there and I did feel pretty good. After I got dropped I did a ride with Carol one of the other women. It was nice to chat. I had to put on more clothes because I under dressed for the race and was freezing - otherwise I would have finished it.

Mark has been having me do some high revolution work on the rollers. Last night I did some short intervals at 160 rpms. The legs are going really fast at that speed. They were hurting today on the hills!

Tonight is the auction to raise funds for the velodrome. It should be a fun time.

No comments: