Sunday, April 11, 2010

Volunteer Park Crit

My crit was pretty fast. We had a very strong field. I finished way off the back but I did finish. We had 15 cat 1-2's and we were single file from the start. Not much room to hide. I made some mistakes too. I forgot that you have to ride as hard as you can on the downhill in addition to the uphill. I was fine on the uphill but managed to get dropped on the downhill. I just couldn't get it in my head that we had to sprint down the hill. I got lapped but jumped back in and got in the group. They weren't pulling riders so I got to finish - well almost. The riders for the next race lined up across the road before I could finish even though they could have seem me coming if they just looked back. I had to ask them to move so I could finish my race. They seemed anoyed at me. I would like to see them try to keep up with some of those women!

No comments: