Saturday, June 12, 2010

Finally Dry at Marymoor!

It was finally dry so we got to race Friday night.

I raced the Keirin race which is a race where they have a motorcycle
pace everybody up to 30 miles/hour and then the motor pulls off to the
side and you race for a 1-1/2 laps. Part of my trouble with this race
has been getting into line on the motor. The closer you are to the
motor the better. I'm am usually not aggressive enough to get a good
spot but this time I got my wheel and stayed there. I got a close 4th
which was not good enough for the final but I still felt good about the effort.

The next race was an elimination where the last rider gets pulled each
lap until you have a winner. I usually try to ride this race from the
front but the problem is I wear out too fast. This time I rode from
the front but I also made an effort to control the tempo and work in
some rest. It seemed to help - I made it to the last 4 riders which
is good for me.

The next race was a scratch race - more like road racing where the
first person across the line wins. I got 5th I think in that one.

Last was the points race with 6 intermediate sprints for points. I
had a mechanical in the race and had to pull out. My bike was making
a loud noise so I pulled over to the ref and he figured out that my
lock ring which holds the gear on had worked loose. He tightened it
but that did not qualify for a free lap but I went back into the race
two laps down. I felt pretty good so I pulled the other ladies around
to set them up for the sprints. That made the race safer and was
still fun for me too since I got a workout out of it.

On tuesday I did 3 minute efforts again - about 260 watts this time. I only got in three intervals before my legs were dead. They were shaky when I got off of the trainer!

No comments: