Sunday, June 6, 2010

Rain, team-in-training problems

It rained again on Friday, canceling racing at the track.

Saturday it was sunny so I decided to do a track practice instead of going to the crits. I showed up at the velodrome early and was riding by myself when a group from team-in-training showed up on road bikes - about 20 of them. They got on the velodrome while I was riding on my track bike and almost caused me to crash. They told me that they had "a class" so I thought they had arranged to be there. Road bikes are supposed to give way to track bikes but they took advantage of the fact that I was there by myself. I was very mad. It was unsafe and I was out numbered. I asked them to stay high and yield since I didn't have brakes but they did not.

I found out later that they were not supposed to be there at all and this is not the first time they have caused problems.

I ended up doing my workout a few hours later and got in some good sprints and standing starts.

Next time I'm going to make sure I get someone to go out there with me if I go early.

No comments: