Sunday, June 20, 2010

Friday Night Racing

Friday night was hard for me. I tried some attacks but they were not well timed and mostly wasted effort. I also didn't pick the best wheels to stay on. It was fun riding and a great workout trying to keep up with the faster women.

Some of the women also did the cat 3 mens race. Annette and Jen got off in a break in one of their races and stayed away to win. The crowd was so excited! And Tela won her heat in the Keirin against the men. So I felt better about getting beat as well.

I raced with my deep dish wheels which are pretty twitchy in the wind. I really need to get better at riding them though. At one point I scared one of the other women as I suddenly jumped a bit to my left - right beside her.

There were a few raindrops but it stayed dry enough to finish the night of racing.

No comments: