Sunday, January 13, 2008

May Valley in the Sun


http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/May-Valley-with-SR900-Shortcut

It was sunny today and it seemed like everybody was out. Today was a co-ed ride so we had a big group leaving from Zokas. The sun was low in the sky and was blinding! It was tricky to see all of the potholes with the sun peeking through. I asked somebody if there was special gear people wore for this sunshine.
I finally got the toasty feet inserts recommended by Stoked. Of course it was the warmest day of the year so far too - 50 degrees so my feet were not cold. More testing to come. I love the astornaut on the package!

I had Chinese food the night before and it didn't agree with me. I was not feeling that great so I opted for the shortcut of the valley instead of going the whole way. As I shot between Cougar and Squawk mountains the temperature dipped quite a bit and it felt like winter again. But sunshine was waiting on the other side. So much sun after so many rainy days makes people a bit giddy.

The group caught me just before the sprint through the arboretum. My legs muscles were searing after that and I needed a nap when I got home.

No comments: