Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ice Breaker

The Icebreaker Time Trial last Sunday went pretty good for me. It's great to get in the first race even if it is a time trial. I did pretty good except for a couple small problems. One was not leaving enough time to get to the race - well that was almost a big problem. The small problem was not seeing where there turn around was. I saw that I was there but I thought the actual turn was further up the road - but it turns out that was where the cars were stopped. So I went just a bit too far and lost some momentum. I was surprised when I turned around my legs were already feeling some of the hurt. The way back was fine though and I pushed a big gear. About 40 seconds faster than last year! I felt it was a respectable outing.

After I got back Jen and I went for a ride out to golden gardens. We knew the steep road down to the beach was closed since last fall but decided to check it out anyway. 3/4 of the road was completely gone and just a deep gouge left - a shear cliff. We walked around some fences and tiptoed down the 5' or so wide pavement that was left to get to the other side. I think it will be a while before that one is fixed. It was great weather for an easy spin. We took it easy and stopped to watch the little one person sailboats out on the bay.

No comments: