Sunday, March 23, 2008

My coach is crazy

It's Easter today and it is pouring rain. So I opted for a Computrainer workout. My coach suggested 5x2 minute intervals with 3 minutes rest followed immediately by a 10 minute tempo.

I was supposed to try for 300 watts on the 2 minutes, well that lasted about 15 seconds and I was struggling to hold 250. So on the next ones I aimed for 250. It got better as I went but on the last one I was just shy of 250 still on the second minute. The first minute was no problem at all. Coach says it is because your body has the energy systems for 1 minute but not for two. The workout is supposed to simulate bridging to a break and then riding with the break group. (Maybe I should just do one 2 min interval then? Right?) The tempo was much better but I was a sweaty mess. Maybe next time it will be easier.

No comments: