Saturday, March 1, 2008

Nice Easy Day

I thought for sure today would be a wet miserable ride. In fact I didn't even make definite ride plans until the morning and then I still thought we'd get soaked! But no rain at all just a lovely day. The ride felt great maybe because of the strong tailwind but my riding felt nice and smooth. Tomorrow is the Icebreaker time trial so hopefully the weather will be just as nice. I was heading back to the trail and I saw the old Armadillo BBQ in a new location. I don't know if they still serve meals but they had the "Sorry we're open" sign up. I have fond memories of that place. A standard favorite was the "trick" mustard bottle they would surprise new people with.

I stopped by the new Counter Balance Cycles on the way home and they were having an open house with coffee and top pot doughnuts! Yum. The shop looked really nice inside with new floors and the windows were uncovered so the place was light and airy.

No comments: