Saturday, August 2, 2008

My own cheering section at Marymoor

I had a real cheering section last night. My Mom and Dad, my brother, his wife and son, and my cousins from Iowa all came to watch us race. It was great to have everyone out. It's also fun to hear what others think when they see the racing in person. They all liked watching us race but the kiddie kilo was a show stealer! They couldn't believe how many kids were out there. I can't wait until my nephew is old enough for a tricycle so he can "race" too.

I made the mistake of resting too much after the FSA race and my legs felt like they were missing the snap needed for the sprints. I had a good time racing though. The first race was a tempo and Devon and I got away for several laps. The Women's field was small though and everybody got points so my placing wasn't very high.


In the miss-in-out I managed to get through the first couple of rounds by riding on the front but I was out on the third round on a very close finish. I was pleased not to be out in the first round though after the last two miss-in-outs.


The last race was a 15 lap scratch race. I conserved energy for the finish but wasn't able to do much more at the end. It felt like my gear was huge even though it was the same one I've been using all year. I think I need to do some sprints during the week to keep the legs strong even if I am recovering.

Thanks everyone for coming out - and for taking pictures!






No comments: