Sunday, August 24, 2008

Seward Park Criterium

There were a lot of tired racers at Seward Park today. There was a road race yesterday (I didn't go), a national track qualifier down in Portland, and of course Friday track races. After doing so much track I've neglected my hill climbing. I wasn't too disappointed though, I finished the race and didn't get lapped. At the start of the race there was an attack every lap. I brought the group up to one but I just didn't have any extra energy in my legs. There was a group that got off the front that represented all of the teams so after that the pace became manageable for a while. I got dropped from the group a bunch of times but I kept catching back on the downhill. I lasted with the main group until about 3 laps to go. Then the pace picked up and that was it. I kept riding to finish the race but was very tired at the end.
I found another 4-leaf clover this morning! It was a tiny one.

No comments: