Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marymoor Velodrome - More Cat 4

I thought I was going to be upgraded to cat 3 but I still haven't gotten official approval or denial. So I'm in category limbo. Last night I raced with the cat 4 women again in case they hold me to the 20 pts requirement. I emailed out a plea to get more women to race and it seemed to help (either that or the nicer weather); we had nine women show up for the cat 4's.

The first race was an unknown distance. I was watching Kari and saw her make a move and we were briefly off the front together. It was enough to string out the field. A little later I went on an exploratory attack. I went at about 75% effort to see if anyone would bridge up and share the load. No one did at first and I was off the front for about 3 laps. Then Laura of Wines came by and I couldn't catch her wheel. I should have taken more looks over my shoulder to see that coming. Then they rang the bell for the last lap and I had to really work to hold off the pack. As I came up the final stretch I heard "dig dig!" So I knew someone was right there. I put my head down and hammered for the line and just held off Kari for 2nd.

The next race I decided to mark Laura since she had more points than me. I waited until she had just pulled for three laps and then I went on the attack. She was able to join me and we traded pulls. I knew this would help wear her down so it was good. Becky bridged up to us and on the final lap I found myself in front. I went at about 80% and watched the shadows of the riders behind as we went around corner two. I saw Laura open the sprint and I went. I grabbed her wheel and came around but got beat by Cammie coming around me at the line.

The next race Cammie offered to help me out since she was going to be gone for most of the summer. That was very cool! She put me right into position for the sprints on the 4x4 points race. I won 3 out of 4 sprints which was good enough to win the Omnium for the night and give me 5 more upgrade points!

No comments: