Sunday, June 8, 2008

A short ride at Ballard Crit

Since Ballard is close by we decided to ride over. Mark wanted to warm up on rollers so he tied the rollers to his Chrome bag.

My race was short - I got a good position at the line but didn't push my wheel out first and ended up in last for the first turn. That is really hard to overcome at that race. In the women's field the riders in the back brake way too hard into the corners so after a couple of corners I was gapped already. I was still hoping to get on a group and I came around corner 3 and my teammate and one other rider were sprawled out in the road. My teammate was on her side and not moving. There was no way I could just ride by them. I stopped and made sure both riders got up. My teammate Liz got up slowly under her own power but it looked like she hit her head or neck. She is OK but will probably be really sore for a while. The other rider dug a pedal in on the corner and Liz t-boned her and I think she went over the handle bars. The bikes didn't look too good either.

After that I could have jumped back in but I wouldn't be eligible for a free lap so I decided to watch from the sidelines. The race was totally broken up and it was hard to tell who was in the front. There were 4 or 5 smaller groups. I also watched the 3's and the first few laps of the cat 1,2 men. Videos below.







No comments: